Grape vines

I have a question asked by my Gr.1 child. Why Grapes grow in Vines and other fruits gros in trees?
Any one have the answer?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Did your kid ask about tomatoes? nuts? Peas?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I think you have a made-up definition for fruits...as in..
"Fruits grow in tress"
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/teach/msg011956409905.html
The third post down by Cathy is a nice and accurate explanation.
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, <1 mile off L.I.Sound 3rd year gardener http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfrazier/album?.dir=/2055&.src=ph
DigitalVinyl wrote:

Maybe someday grapes will grow in trees, too. I saw on TV (I can't distinguish between science programs, and advertisements) that Keebler is now growing raspberries in multi-fruit trees. TV wouldn't lie to me, would it? ;)
--
Warren H.

Warren wrote:

Years ago CBS (!) presented a very funny travelog. They showed pictures of colorfully dressed native girls picking spaghetti off the trees in their country.
VE>fruits gros in trees?VE>Any one have the answer?
How about: Mother Nature is very wise to make foods available by many means so all can enjoy them; just as many mothers have boys and girls to help her with the family needs (they will straighten this out later, when they mature 8-)
Enjoy your grandchildren; they grow up much too fast.
Ciao, Ack.
--
# SLMR 2.1a # "We made too many wrong mistakes." Yogi Berra
* Origin: BBS Networks @ www.bbsnets.com [8010] (8:8/62)