gotta move :(

I have to move during August and in pots I have a sweet autumn clematis and some sort of pale lavender mystery clematis that blooms profusely in late spring and then sporadically all summer till frost. They are growing up trellises and along the balcony railings so the only way to move them is to cut them back quite a bit. Is this going to kill them? I've had them for about 5 years and they've really been doing great.
I'm staying in the Seattle/Tacoma area.
they'll be fine. I too am facing the possiblity of a major move. Nothing as nice as what you're facing I'm afraid. If Squire does this........I will be relocating to Carlisle, Pennsylvania.......no idea as to the zone, the climate, the length of growing season, nothing. I'm resisting this completely, but if the job they're offering him pays what I fear, I don't even know if we could afford to move........and what about my beloved bushes and plants that push the envelope that I grow? sigh..........I can't worry about this right now. It's not set or deffinate. Cut the vines back and they'll be fine. They'll recover and you'll have established mature roots for your new place.
madgardener
--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.

Thanks!
Val
welcome to my area mad gardener if you have to move that is a nice place and you will be able to get a pretty nice home for very reasonable up in that part of pa and zone 6 is a pretty nice place to live and I've got lots of nice flowers and shrubs of course I would give my left and right legs to move back to Tenn I lived in the smokies and I have always wanted to move back there sorry you have to move away but you're welcome here in sw pa and it's pretty nice here. good luck seems lots of folks are moving including me but i'm only moving thirty minutes away to a nicer area my husband also got a new job stinks but I'l be nearer some other family and that is ik

Think of it as moving into virgin territory. You'll have a whole garden to fill. Dora2