Gotta haves and a wish or two

Annuals Tithonia Mexican Sunflower Torch and Moon Flowers.

I am looking for RED RED morning glories for hummers.

White Flower Just listed HABENARIA Bog Orchid H. radiata one for $ 15.95 good to zone 6 in Jul or Aug this a bareroot :(( Still I think I can propagate it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

luckily Tithonia is sold at a lot of retail stores. I've seen them in the seed displays at Lowe's, Home Despot, Wally Fart and a few others. Tithonia will be easily started once frost is past. Or you can get a jump and start them three weeks before your last frost date in little pots and transplant them. Either way, once you have them growing, they will gift you with dropped seeds when the little birds discover the buffet. I usually buy two or three packages and keep the extra's in the fridge in a ziploc baggie in the veggie drawer. They'll keep viable for three years. Moon vine is sometimes easy to find at the box stores too. Otherwise, someone might have saved seeds and might share with you here. madgardener gardening in zone 7b in Tennessee, just not in Eastern Tennessee where all the snow is

Reply to
madgardener

Hard to find really truly red mg's - they always seem to turn out pinkish red. I grow cardinal climbers and the hummers love them.

Reply to
Amos Nomore