Goodbye Farmers Markets, CSAs, and Roadside Stands

Can you say grow yer own? This bodes ill for everyone, and comes at an interesting time, eh? Honest folk on the bottom are being squeezed and penalized for the sins of the turds floating on top. Try and convince me this is for public health. p'tooie
Like Pappy always said, "Things ain't never so bad they cain't get a whole lot worse."
Goodbye farmers markets, CSAs, and roadside stands http://www.opednews.com/articles/Goodbye-farmers-markets-C-by-Linn-Cohen-Cole-090303-287.html
Change We Can Believe In: How About the End of Farmers Markets? Say Hello to H.R. 875: Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009 http://cryptogon.com/?ps62
California Raw Almonds Must be Treated, Judge Rules http://cryptogon.com/?pt13
good luck Charlie
Congress has always consulted "professionals" in the field of expertise when they put together legislation to protect us from ourselves. Of course, the "professionals" consulted usually benefit in that legislation (another form of pork). The current Congress will do just that, opposed to a small government approach that preceded it. Just makes you feel warm and cozy all over, doesn't it?
--
Dave
Confront and fight Obama zombieism
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 06:39:24 -0500, "Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

The market I was selling at 3 years ago had the goverment step in and stop the selling of homemade canned goods. Didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy then.
Kate

Three years ago? Then they must have been "The Worst President Ever"'s zombies.
--

Billy
"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote:

Get a life.

--

Billy
There are no lobbyists for cover crops and crop rotation. Why?
<Charlie> wrote in message

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Goodbye-farmers-markets-C-by-Linn-Cohen-Cole-090303-287.html
The hell?
What people need to do is start selling stock in their produce. Then the "stockholders" can just come and pick up their own food every week! --S.
<Charlie> wrote:

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Goodbye-farmers-markets-C-by-Linn-Cohen-Cole-090303-287.html I clicked that link and read part of the article before I noticed an ad for McDonalds smack dab in the middle of the page.
Oh, the irony.
Jon
<Charlie> wrote in message

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Goodbye-farmers-markets-C-by-Linn-Cohen-Cole-090303-287.html