Good site for id-ing a thistle

Hello!

My Mom has the wildest plant growing her in compost bed! It looks almost like sow thistle, but not quite right - the leaves are more sharply than gently lobed and it is over 12 feet tall.

Location - on Cape Cod (MA)

Her local master gardener has no clue.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

I hope it isn't a giant hogweed. They have been found growing in W. Mass. The sap is highly toxic and causes blisters that lead to scarring.

Here's a site with details.

Type 2 Diabetes info
Low Carb info

Reply to
Jenny

Nope - flowers are all wrong for a giant hogweed.

Cheryl Isaak