Good site for id-ing a thistle

Hello!
My Mom has the wildest plant growing her in compost bed! It looks almost like sow thistle, but not quite right - the leaves are more sharply than gently lobed and it is over 12 feet tall.
Location - on Cape Cod (MA)
Her local master gardener has no clue.
Cheryl
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

I hope it isn't a giant hogweed. They have been found growing in W. Mass. The sap is highly toxic and causes blisters that lead to scarring.
Here's a site with details. http://dnr.metrokc.gov/wlr/LANDS/weeds/hogweed.htm
--Jenny
http://www.geocities.com/lottadata4u/ Type 2 Diabetes info http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/ Low Carb info
On 8/19/05 10:26 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net, "Jenny"

Nope - flowers are all wrong for a giant hogweed.