Good read on power of naming plants and animals

<http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/11/science/11naming.html?8dpc
Weird and wonderful world!
Bill
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Thanks Bill. Good read. I try to identify my weeds, before I pull them up. Some of them (Dead Nettle, Sow Thistle, Urtica urens, Epilobium parviflorum) are now encouraged in my garden.
--
Racial injustice, war, urban blight, and environmental rape have a common
denominator in our exploitative economic system.

What blew me away was the mention of some 4 year olds that can name and identify 100 different plants in South America . Reminds me of old info I read years ago about how many different types of snow Eskimo name.
Make me feel very ignorant a good thing.
Bill
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

Or names for green in Japan, names for camels in Arabic, or names of coffee in Italy.