Good book if you can find it.

Beautiful out of print book. Many black and white images with a rich detail of particulars.
Hommel, Rudolf, China at Work. M.I.T. Press Cambridge, Mass., reprint 1979. The author lived in China during the 1920s and recorded traditional craft technology. ISBN. 262-08035-4
Chapter 1 Tools to make tools Chapter 2 Tools for procuring food Chapter 3 Tools for making clothing Chapter 4 Tools for providing shelter Chapter 5 Tools for enabling transport
All sort of info like making simply pumps and using feathers as a lubricant.
Worth the search !
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

In article

Found, at the local library:-)
--

Billy

Hmmm...sounds seditious to me. You *do* know about DHS and the "library list"? Careful there, Winston.
(Must be effing nice to have a local library that actually has what one needs!!)
Phoo, phoo, feh
Charlie, who doesn't have near enough jack to buy all the books which are recommended and which he most certainly needs