Golden Delicious Apple Tree?

I just planted a new apple tree and it is growing fine. Has put out about 14 inches of grown since the winter.

I am seeing some leaves that have a golden tan-brown spot on the leaf? What is this and what can I do to get rid of it?

Reply to
Randy

Have you contacted the cooperative extension in your state, which you did not identify along with your original question?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Randy

  1. Was the tree planted correctly.
  2. Did you fertilize the tree when you planted it? With what and how much?
  3. Did you prune the tree when you planted it? Proper Planting Info
    I determine the 3 questions I can then proceed.

Sincerely,

Reply to
John A. Keslick, Jr.

did you look here?

Charles

Do you have any Junipers or Red Cedars nearby? It could be Apple Cedar Rust, which is a symbiotic growth between those trees and your apple trees. I have tried various sprays to get rid of it, but finally pulled out two Red Cedars near my apple trees to stop it. Look for an ugly growth on the Junipers to match the apple tree leaf problem. Those trees could be a distance away, say on your neighbors property, so then you have to do the chemical thing.

Sherw> I just planted a new apple tree and it is growing fine. Has put out

Reply to
sherwindu