Golden bamboo in a small yard - replace or put in barrier?

I have some Golden bambo I put in my yard last fall. My yard is extremely small and only have a small area of 6' x 3' devoted to the bamboo. Should I pull it out and replace it with a clumping bamboo such as Festatia Robusta or put a barrier in. Both will run me about the same $. I wanted bambo in area to grow taller than fence and give a little screening. Golden would be perfect as it is fast growing (instant gratification) and tolerates the afternoon sun
Any suggestions/recommendation wanted.
Thanks, Clayton

why not contain the golden bamboo in a tub? sub soil barriers need to be like the footings for a concrete block fence! if containment is very important to you and you feel you might miss a few escaped runners when you garden, i would grow this as a container plant, it does VERY WELL containerized. The Chinese use it in formal gardens this way, to very good effect.
hermine stover