Gloves?

Howdy, anyone have any suggestions as to good pair of gloves that would be resistant to thorns/thickets etc.???
I'll be clearing some heavily overgrown areas in my yard with a gas powered trimmer that I hope to rent.
Thanks...

Yeah...the leather or pigskin ones, or whatever they're made of. They're sort of a dark orange color. The color will come off on your hands for a couple of weeks, but after that, they're fine. Some thorns will still get through, especially if you have to grab certain plants really hard. Long BBQ tongs can be useful in avoiding that.
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 03:47:33 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

I agree, pigskin if you can find it. Mine are light tan, I doubt that color makes a lot of difference.
--
Charles

Does not play well with others.
Home Depot had some really great gloves - they have a very long cuff (comes up to your elbow). I bought 2 pair as I like them so much. The glove part is leather and the 'cuff' part is a very stiff canvas. They were in a special display in the garden center as opposed to their glove section.
I agree with the BBQ tongs for any really vicious thorns.
Sterling
Charles wrote:

Gloves up to the elbow? What's the temperature been for the last week where YOU live? :-)

About 200 degrees here in Atlanta!!! I do most of my cleanup work in the spring or fall, though.
I like the long gloves for pruning the holly trees and bushes. And if I have to go after poison ivy, these long gloves are perfect, even at 200 degrees.