Gloves?

Howdy, anyone have any suggestions as to good pair of gloves that would be resistant to thorns/thickets etc.???

I'll be clearing some heavily overgrown areas in my yard with a gas powered trimmer that I hope to rent.

Thanks...

Reply to
BE

Yeah...the leather or pigskin ones, or whatever they're made of. They're sort of a dark orange color. The color will come off on your hands for a couple of weeks, but after that, they're fine. Some thorns will still get through, especially if you have to grab certain plants really hard. Long BBQ tongs can be useful in avoiding that.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I agree, pigskin if you can find it. Mine are light tan, I doubt that color makes a lot of difference.

Reply to
Charles

Home Depot had some really great gloves - they have a very long cuff (comes up to your elbow). I bought 2 pair as I like them so much. The glove part is leather and the 'cuff' part is a very stiff canvas. They were in a special display in the garden center as opposed to their glove section.

I agree with the BBQ tongs for any really vicious thorns.

Sterl> >

Reply to
Sterling

Gloves up to the elbow? What's the temperature been for the last week where YOU live? :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Gloves up to the elbow in hot weather sound a lot more comfortable than having your hands and forearms scratched apart by rose thorns and other plant briars in any temperature.

Reply to
Hound Dog

About 200 degrees here in Atlanta!!! I do most of my cleanup work in the spring or fall, though.

I like the l> Gloves up to the elbow? What's the temperature been for the last week where

Reply to
Sterling