GLOBAL WARMING'S IMPACT ON YOUR GARDEN.

Thought of interest.
Cool in the pool. Music comes to mind first.
<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxwDQO4abwchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v
=jxwDQO4abwc>
OK the serious stuff below.
Bill
<http://www.slate.com/id/2160830/
"There are two very specific and more sensible ways to prepare than by cheerily planting the flora of Charleston, S.C., in Cleveland. First, insulate the green things you have from the shock of drought to come by making the soil they live in better at holding on to moisture. Next, choose new plants that can tolerate drought and a wide range of temperatures."
Worth a gander.
<http://www.arborday.org/treeinfo/zonelookup.cfm
<http://www.arborday.org/media/map_change.cfm
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

In article

Made a another mistake. .
<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxwDQO4abwc

Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

OT: I am assuming you knew about or figured out that giganews took over supernews as of yesterday.
I went on yesterday, I have my account thru my providers corp account, ie. "free", and all groups started downloading tons of old articles but no new articles. Hmmmm, says I and went and found out about the takeover....giga was renumbering all articles so I had to unsubscribe and resubscribe and all is well.
Except for it seems I am now seeing more of the damned googleshit. What was the proxy type program or whatever you listed one time? It is time to issue a personal UDP, since newservers seem to be loathe to issue a UDP on the effers.
Charlie
Charlie expounded:

As I've said before, it's well worth the upgrade fee :o)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Why, Ann? Seriously, what do you find worthwhile in the newer versions?

It's a $15 upgrade fee, I think (or $19). For me it fixed random crashes doing various tasks - it's been so long now with no problems I really forget what caused them, but that in and of itself was worth it. Plus, I got back all of my archives the intervening version hadn't been able to read for some reason. I also like the inline photos, no launching external picture programs to view the binary groups (I still enjoy the garden, weather and nature binary groups). It's up to you, of course, but I enjoy using a real newsreader, Agent has been my program of choice since .99e, and I like to support programs I use so they keep developing them.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

WHAT?!?!? You tryin' to get me kilt, girl??? You keep tempting me, get thee behind me!!!!
The family bursar recently opened the credit card bill with charges from my annual Spring Seed and Supply Spree. I'm not gonna be turned loose with family funds until sometime next year. AND........
.....it is costing me a trip to Big Town tomorrow. Damn, there is no worse punishment. I gotta go shopping for baby clothes and diapers and...oh, I can't even bear thinking about it. The truck will be full.
I am not even going to try and imagine what the reaction would be were she to see a charge to ForteInc next month. No way, ain't gonna happen.
(pssst, there is a Borders right next to the baby place.....have any recommendations?)
Sorry Charlie
Charlie expounded:

Ah, Borders, talk about a budget breaker <G> Fortunately I can withstand it right now, I've got a stack of books to read, nothing new to our discussions, I've got In Defense of Food right now and am devouring it - Teaming with Microbes is next.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Charlie wrote in

not even if you ask nicely first?

Michael Pollan wrote a book about building... he was building a treehouse/writing studio. it's pretty good, although maybe it's more of a borrow from the library book. Making Bentwood Trellises by Long Garden Insects by Cranshaw (big, thorough & rather pricy) Tips For The Lazy Gardener by Tilgner since you're baby shopping,i could suggest some baby books ;) lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there