Global warming?

Page 5 of 5
love this phrase. do I have permission to steal it? Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at http://weloveteaching.com/puregold / sign up: http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?hl=en&q=puregold&qt_s=Group+lookup www.drsolo.com Solve the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the recommendations I make. AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE
of course, Ingrid.......:) I think I can trust you to use it just where it will be needed most......

The "new ice age" story was a trial balloon. If it had gotten any traction, the data would have come. That's why there were never any real scientific papers issued on it.

Hmmm. Quite an interesting opinion you have of scientists. To bring this back to rec.gardens, I suppose you believe that if gardeners in the arctic want to grow palms out of doors, or if gardeners in the tropics want to grow delphiniums as perennials, scientists will leap out of the woodwork to prove that it can easily be done, just because there are people who desire those results? Why don't we posit those two theories as "trial balloons" and see how much "traction" they get?
wrote in message >

I admit my opinion on scientists have become somewhat cynical over the past few years over the global warming thing. I believe it is an environmental agenda and the environmental movement has become less about environmnet and more about power. They have their own indentured scientists to lend credence to the theory. Former environmentalists have left the orgs because of it.
I also admit the topic got a little out of hand. Especially with the mixup that Janet and I had about gas conversion.
As to trial balloons over what will grow where, knock yourself out. I'll leave that to others.
wrote in message >

"Agenda" has become the latest obscenity. People think the director/producers of the movie "Brokeback Mountain" had an agenda. OK. The owner of my favorite pizza place has an agenda. I have an agenda. You have an agenda.
wrote in message >

If you say so.
Hey.....Who said you could talk about my agenda? *snicker* Murri
wrote in message >

Indeed, after some efforts into researching whether there as _any_ support in the scientific community for the 'imminent ice age', it turns out that the answer is no: http://www.wmconnolley.org.uk/sci/iceage /
The 'imminent ice age' claim was strictly a construction, to the extent it existed at all, of media outlets, the most quoted being a newsweek article from 1975 -- year of a particularly cold winter.

If you peruse the young earth creationist sites, you'll find quite a lot of climate change denial as well.
--
Robert Grumbine http://www.radix.net/~bobg/ Science faqs and amateur activities
notes and links.