Gilbert H. Wild and Sons mailorder ??

Howdy,
Has anyone dealt with this company recently that wants to give me a few words on them? I see in the archives that they were recommended 10 years ago. However, I have recently been to the web site and had some problems, and have not had answers to my emails all week, so I thought I would check and see if they were still worth buying from.
Dawn dduperault (at) aol

them. The plants showed up relatively quickly, in good condition, and all of them grew. Can't say anything more but when the time comes to naturalize hostas in a big shady area I'll probably go back to the same company.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Except that at least twice, today alone, you have recommended a bogus product at your website, so even a company called www.thieving-scoundrels.com would be higher on anyone's list of reliable sods.
-paggers

It just took me one look at that website, wow, why so expensive???
Frank

Cuz a company that is only looking for suckers is not hoping to give anyone they manage to haul in anything resembling an even break!
The Ultraviolet sterilizer gadget they are selling for $194.24 retails elsewhere for as little as $160, but it is certainly possible to pay even more on the web. The Aqua Ultraviolet company at its own website intentionally leaves off any clue as to the price of their products because they are wholesalers only, & want to leave retailers with the option of pretending the "recommended price" is anywhere from $200 to $400 (& Aqua Ultraviolet will never contradict them). So backyard-lifestyle.com is not the highest rip-off price you can pay, but it is a whopping $40 higher than you'd pay at, say, aquaticwarehouse.com, who furthermore haven't offensively spammed usenet.
And it turns out, of course, the entire backyard-lifestyle catalog is like that, apart from the fact that they also mix in bogus products that have no value.
The Bradley Smoker BBQ product this company calls one of its bestsellers, & for which they ask a measily $399.95 -- oh, what the heck, let's call it a nickle shy of $400 -- but even backyard-lifestyle asks less for it when they put "buy it now" ads on e-bay, so clearly they know it is over priced & discount it lest they get no eBay action. Again, while you certainly COULD pay even more elsewhere, fact is, you can get it for a much better price at barbecue-store.com, so no reason to pay top dollar from the one who has shown itself to be crooked enough to post stealth spam generally revealing the company to be capable of dubious shinanigans. I sure wouldn't trust 'em with MY credit card numbers even if the prices were properly lowered!
There seems to be a tendency for backyard-lifestyle to select pricier items of lesser merit & charge slightly more than the best price available for already pricy items that may or may not be high-end brands but have high-end prices. Take the Bradley Smoker example. It's a good smoker with reasonably positive reviews, but it requires that you go back to the company to buy their (expensive) smoke buiscuits, & this hamstrings the user & limits the scope of smoking possibilities -- ultimatley it makes it the poorest choice of smoker both for being overpriced & for being restricted in usability. A smoker that did not require a single kind of wood buiscuit, but permitted the user to obtain their own choices of oak or apple or mesquite or hickory or alder from any source they preferred, including from their own woods, would be a hundred times better. And turns out you CAN get that better product for much cheaper -- for as little as $100 from, say, gogrill.com, or make one out of a barrel for no more than time spent, & it will do exactly as good a job while being far more versatile.
But for me the main thing is I wouldn't buy squat from spammers who aggressively post stealth spams promoting worthless stuff like that ultrasonic piece of shit at the top of their first page. They obviously got a deal on THAT garbage, as it's foremost in their mind to post spams about.
-paghat the ratgirl