Giant Spider Eating a Bird caught on Camera...

Hey Group,

This was a pretty crazy picture. I hope that we don't have anything to rival this Spider from Australia. I would hate to

find something like that in my backyard.

Let Me Know What You Think?

Regards,

Brian from Wisconsin

Reply to
BrianFromWisconsin

g'day brian,

the spider is common in our gardens as far as i know and not being a spider expert they are an orb spider, also as far as i know their bite to humans is not fatal but different people react in different ways to bites. so would think that due to how common they are bites are few and far between.

now i said all that to say this there is a bird eating spider that is capable of taking very small birds but as far as i know it does not habitate in aussie gardens. now the house sparrow caught in that web must have been dead or near to it, for the gossimer to contain it and the spider would need fangs like dracular to get through all the feathers and deliver a fatal bite, all while the bird is thrashing about trying to escape the web.

you getting the picture? now if you had a dead sparrow and hung it in the web and shook the web a bit the spider would investigate as is seen in the picture.

to me i'd say it is an ellaborate set up a for the fun of it shot. the bird also seems to have one leg missing?

but well done hey chuckle?

On Tue, 19 May 2009 20:22:22 -0700 (PDT), BrianFromWisconsin wrote: snipped

Reply to
len