getting pomegranates to fruit

I recently planted two pomegranate shrubs in my yard. They were about a foot high each...in a pot... I bought them from some people..

ANyway, I bought some compost/plant mix. This is what I bought:

I dug a big hole and stuck one 40 lb back of plant mix in there and took the pomegranate out of the pot and stuck it in the ground. It gets pretty good sun, but there is a little 10 ft tree above it, but the tree only has branches about a 1/3 of the way down..so the plants do get a lot of direct sun.

Have I already screwed them up by doing this? How best can I assure fruit production? I watered them pretty good the last few days.

Also, I live in South Carolina, USDA Zone 8..

thanks

Reply to
Zarlot

They need full sun. Don't expect fruit for 4 or 5 years.

Tom J been there - done that

Reply to
Tom J