Geraniums

I put two pots of geraniums in my garage which gets cool without freezing. The soil is dry and have not had any water for almost 2 months. They are getting bright filtered light and continue to bloom. Don't these plants ever go into a rest period??

Reply to
Phisherman

They can be pretty tough!

I have some zonals in the back yard that have grown huge - so I'm planting a few in front and hoping for the same, but so far growth is slow. They seem to do better in partial sun (I'm in Los Angeles).

I also have a few in various pots, and some like yours insist on thriving and blooming even with pretty severe neglect. They will eventually dry out, but they seem more threatened by over-moisture, if anything.

Have some Martha Washingtons that are propagating themselves from pot to pot, too - and a couple of those (in the ground) are doing better in my front yard than are the zonals.

J.

Reply to
JRStern