Geranium question

Hello. I have a geranium that I brought from the outside to my house in November. I have noticed that it flowers sometimes - not that often, it is in a sun room. SHould I trim the plant? - that is cut it down? Please advise on how to care. Thanks K

Reply to
KOS

Pull the plant out of the pot, shake all the dirt off the roots and put the plant in a brown paper bag. Hang the bag upside down in your basement or other suitable cool, dry place. When warm weather arrives simply re-plant your geranium.

Reply to
Grif Nordling

I pinch back my house geraniums when they get too leggy and/or to make them bushier and more compact. I feed them 1/4 of the regular dose of plant food every time I water just like I do my other houseplants except for a few months in the winter which is rest time. Once they get used to the indoors, they bloom pretty continuously, I've found. I have some favorites on the window sill from three summers ago. My geraniums are in an east window.

In the summer they bloom so much that the hummingbirds beat on the glass trying to get to them. :)

Giselle

Reply to
Volfie, Owner, GizzMutt Stable

I take cuttings of all my geraniums plus I continue the old plant for more cuttings as they grow.

Reply to
Kaygee