Garending TV Shows

I am a customer of Direct Tv and I just went through a search for Gardening= shows. There are none. I am looking for shows about plants and planting, h= arvesting, that kind of stuff. Am I missing something or is there really no= thing like this out there? There has been so much talk about home and commu= nity gardens I am very surprised.=20 MJ

Reply to
mj

I haven't seen a good gardening show in TV in years. Victory Garden (PBS) used to be good, but I don't care for it anymore.

On the other hand, the internet, including youtube, is loaded with great gardening info.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Yes I found that one and I agree it isn't very good anymore. As far as youtube I am not looking for specific things just a plain old show about something I am interested in. MJ

Reply to
mj

Google search "gardening tips".

It's a new world.

You could try writing PBS about the crap they're running now. P. Allen Smith is just useless.

Reply to
Dan Espen

I once watched a Martha Stewart episode where she was planting roses. (I may have been sick in bed at the time.) I certainly would not plant roses the way she did. Of the three roses I have not yet pruned, two are still in bloom.

The problem with broadcasts about gardening is that they are generally not appropriate for the climates of all viewers. This is actually a broader problem since many gardening books also ignore different climates.

Reply to
David E. Ross

shows. There are none. I am looking for shows about plants and planting, harvesting, that kind of stuff. Am I missing something or is there really nothing like this out there? There has been so much talk about home and community gardens I am very surprised.

there used to be a fun show called _Ground Force_ out of the UK that we liked to watch, but it was more of a design and rescue a space kind of show than a pure gardening show. still it was fun. see if you can find the past episodes via the library (we watch a lot of shows via DVD checkout instead of having to wade through commercials).

nothing on now that we like to watch.

P. Allen Smith and Victory Garden are too much about foofoo stuff and not about gardening that much.

utub might be the best source of clips for gardening fun. i'd put some on my site but it doesn't allow for files over 2Mb and the $ to do more isn't there.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Absolutely. Some even get down to saying what month to plant specific things in, which is quite ridiculous when books and TV shows are distributed globally.

David Hare-Scott

ning shows. There are none. I am looking for shows about plants and plantin= g, harvesting, that kind of stuff. Am I missing something or is there reall= y nothing like this out there? There has been so much talk about home and c= ommunity gardens I am very surprised.=20

Well it isn't much and not exactly what I had in mind but I found Farm King= s on GMC.=20 MJ

Reply to
mj

Hello They are shows but i am not quite sure about a single channel that features about gardening.However keep an eye out for this spring and summer their will be shows such as Royal Horticulture Society (RHS) Events.

Check My Website for garden chemicals, Fertilisers,pesticdes,accessories,and many more-www.city-shop.co.uk

Reply to
City-shop.co.uk