Gardens and life philosophy stuff

I'm not suggesting you subscribe or pay for this. But it may garner interest.
Bill who thinks a garden maintains connection to the other. Happy garden yield happy gardener and Vasa versa . Trash along the commons hurts one's mind.
Anthropology noun the study of humankind, in particular
PS Billy and Charlie Ive decided to support Macain. See my sig :)) ......................
http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/summary_0199-5066546_ITM
Below a taste.
Description This essay reads the poetry of Theodor Roethke and Seamus Heaney in the light of Giorgio Agamben's philosophy of plant and animal life and his notion of "bare life." It argues that both poets offer very different descriptions of the nature of the relationship between human and non-human life.
**********
Theodore Roethke's homage to fields and gardens knows no bounds. In "Unfold! Unfold," "the field is no longer simple: It's a soul crossing time," (Collected 89) and the voice of the later poem, "The Far Field," is "renewed" by the "dry scent of a dying garden in September" (201). These lines do not simply promote a morbid fascination for death. They also assign a special meaning to the life of the garden habitat and to its relation to human life. Seamus Heaney's early poetry, the poetry of his apprentice years, is also concerned with depicting humanity's relationship with the slightly larger garden habitat of the farmyard. Both writers offer what might be referred to as genealogies of the garden that respond to recent debates in philosophy that see the unique characteristics of plant and animal life being neglected by today's privileging of the "anthropological machine."
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
MaCain in 2038 !!

Catch ya' later. It is 70F out. Making the most of it. It is wondrous outside.
If not tonite, I'll transpond with you over coffee in the morning. ;-)
If you haven't read the essay about soil that Bill posted, do so. Now. Marvelous read. I read it early today and have been lost in thought about it all day.
Gotta run and bury my hands in the soil again. I'm feeling grounded now.
I'll get back to you later also, OtherBill. ;-) Thanks for the dirty essay.
Dirty Charlie