Gardening with repetitive strain injury

I have repetitive strain injury in my right wrist (way too much typing in the day job) and this is causing problems when gardening - especially weeding and digging.
Can anyone suggest tools that will help to reduce the strain or give hints or tips on reducing the strain when gardening.
--
fralie

I went to Google you a website but there were so many hits you may as well look yourself. http://tinyurl.com/dz44gb
--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky

You need the guidance of a professional physical therapist, not the well intentioned, and perhaps disastrous, musings of the random "posters" to "wrecked gardens".
--

Billy
There are no lobbyists for cover crops and crop rotation. Why?

Sound advice. I'd also look into ergonomic design of your work place sometimes minor or major changes in you work place really can make a difference. Meanwhile do less some how.
Bill
<http://www.unimelb.edu.au/ehsm/Ergonomic_design.pdf
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 11:54:09 +0000, fralie

No special tools. Instead, know your limits, slowly exercise your joints according to doctor/therapist instruction and back off immediately when it hurts. Sometimes an ace bandage works wonders. Hope you feel better, joint pain is no fun.
'Phisherman[_3_ Wrote:

Thanks for all of the advice - am being referred to a physio - will just have to remember that sometimes - less is more
--
fralie

fralie wrote:

Your medical professional will probably recommend you change your name from Frailie, to something like Robusto. LOL