Gardening with Children

Thanks for all of your wonderful suggestions. I have saved all of your ideas in a separate folder so that I can go back and organize them for my use this year. Carolyn

Reply to
Carolyn LeCrone

Here are a couple of more ideas. Insects: what is an insect? Bees and pollination Other beneficial insects Harmful insects Predators of insects and how we can attract them to our garden Tools: types of garden tools and safety Care and maintenance of tools How each tool is used I've used variations on these from grades K-1 on up and have always used the "tecnical" terms for plant parts, Pistil, stamen anther etc. Even the little ones remember much. Also, most of these topics can be classed as science, langauage arts, spelling, for those who ask why you are spending time on "gardening" when there is "real" learning to be done!! (I'm sure you know what I mean) Have fun with it Emilie

Reply to
MLEBLANCA

Good luck, I've kept a few for my Brownie troop and my own kids! Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Reply to
Carolyn LeCrone