gardening on IRC real-time chat

Hello,
Just an occasional reminder that there is real-time chat on the Undernet IRC network. You can access it with windows by using the program mIRC, available at www.mirc.com, then using any available Undernet server. Once connected to the server type
/join #gardening
There aren't many people except during the evening hours of north america, but hopefully that will change. Hope to see you soon!
Dan
In article

I do, now that I live somewhere where they're not painted shut.
-paghat the ratgirl
snipped-for-privacy@netscapeSPAM-ME-NOT.net (paghat) wrote:

Har har har. :)
(dstvns)

I imagine there are IRC client for Power Macs. If not you could probably use one for Unix, assuming you have MacOS 10 or so.
-- Salty
Salty Thumb wrote:

Salty, What makes you think she's using a Mac? There are more Linux desktop s than there are Macs. Ask my wife ... she loves it! Linux is #2 on the d esktop now ... and growing nicely, thank you.
Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)

Just a guess from this line in the header: User-Agent: MT-NewsWatcher/3.1 (PPC)
- Salty

Well he could tell by my news client (in the headers). But you're right, there are a lot of Linux users out there now too.

I have an IRC client (Athena). But he said you needed Windows.
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 15:44:55 -0500, Phaedrine Stonebridge
BitchX for unix - www.bitchx.com macIRC for MAC - www.macirc.com
Dan
Phaedrine Stonebridge wrote:

That's okay, Phaedrine. I'm sure he meant well. He just doesn't 'get it'. Just use KSIRC or XChat or even the Bourne Again IRC client (commandline IRC ... woo hoo! Geekicity!) http://www.darkwired.org/pub/code/miniprojects/bairc /
According to Seimens, Linux will have 20% market share on the desktop by 2008. Apache (also open source software) already enjoys a steady 60+% share of web servers. Somewhere in the mix, people will stop simply 'assuming' Winders. It's not a safe assumption anymore.
Freshmeat shows 569 listings for IRC servers, bots, relays and clients. There are plenty to choose from and, generally speaking, they all work just fine. mIRC is okay software ... but it isn't "the only show in town".
Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)

Yes of course he did. :) People just assume everyone else uses what they use. I did not realize you could just use normal IRC. I have Athena so I can use that. Thanks :)

Or perhaps irssi.
http://irssi.org /
It's my favorite. But then, I'm a perl programmer by trade, so it makes sense that I'd use an IRC client that's extensible with perl.
--
Art Sackett,
Patron Saint of Drunken Fornication
snipped-for-privacy@macunlimited.net (Jim W) wrote:

See above where Dan said you could access his Garden Chat with Windows.

Oop missed that anyway.. It's IRC besides!.. not some MicroShaft crap.. LOL!!-) // Jim