gardening novels

Just found out about Nora Roberts new "In the Garden" trilogy.

-Blue Dahlia

-Black Rose

-Red Lily

Nice to have gardening mixed in with romance! It is making me wish that spring was here and I can't wait to get my hands in some good ol' dirt!

Reply to
loonyhiker

I just finished the last of the trilogy........good reading for a rainy day or "beach book", I enjoyed them.

Val

Reply to
Valkyrie

I wonder are there any mysteries that focus on Gardening?

Valkyrie wrote:

Reply to
cardarch

I found this cornicopia but havent examined it yet. Gosh!

cardarch

[...]

There's a TV series called Rosemary & Thyme -- I haven't noted the author of the books on which it's based.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

The mystery of what's wandering through the gardens and house is pretty good in this trilogy ;)

Val

Reply to
Valkyrie

The message from Wolf Kirchmeir contains these words:

It isn't based on books; it's purely a TV production.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

One of my favorite authors is Susan Wittig Albert and she writes mystery novels and is the owner of a herb shop in a small town in Texas. Some info:

The China Bayles Mystery Series

Thyme of Death (1992) --China's first adventure. A friend dies--murder or suicide?

Witches' Bane (1993) --China and Ruby discover that the supernatural isn't funny.

Hangman's Root (1994) --Animal rights, academic politics, and murder--a potent mix.

Rosemary Remembered (1995) --Who remembers the victims of crime?

Rueful Death (1996) --Grace, forgiveness, and the mystery of community.

Love Lies Bleeding (1997) --China learns a tough lesson in love.

Chile Death (1998) --Hot stuff, folks! (Funny, too)

Lavender Lies (1999) --Mystery, murder, and a wet 'n' wild wedding

Mistletoe Man (2000) --What's Christmas without mistletoe? What's life without Ruby? Join China as she faces both of these difficult questions.

- from the official China Bayles website:

Jangchub

Ok, maybe that's why I didn't note the author... :-)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

garsh, i sure hope nora did a bit more research than the average writer who throws plants into their books into areas where they cannot possibly grow!! it bugs me when an "esteemed and noted" author writes about flowers and trees which never have (and prolly never will) grow in the areas which they are basing their books upon. and those who give an email address to write them and tell them how much you LOVED (snarl of lip here) their books, i write them and ask them....how come you didn't do any research into the botany of the area OR why did you bother mentioning these plants at all??? you could have just said something like, "John tenderly lay Gloria against the tree which had falled due to last season's wind storms" etc etc) WHY did the author have to write: "John lifted Gloria up to the first limb of the River Beech tree and as she sat there, kicking her legs back and forth, as if she were on a swing, John took a small branch of the short, stubby leaves of the tree and fanned her face".......etc., etc. EXCUSE ME??? short stubby leaves?? on a river beech????? OH!! and i forgot----the scene is supposedly taking place in Key West, Florida....i think not.

it's like all those TONS of movies which show jungles or forests of trees which NEVER co-exist together....almost everyone knows they are just potted trees stuck together in a sound stage.

WAIT!!! before you say, "who gives a sh(*t?"

Reply to
frogfog