Gardengal

Page 2 of 2
Charlie wrote:

Charlie,
That is why I don't care for your posts. You don't know me from Adam yet you are *so* judgmental about all my posts. As far as I'm concerned you can ruin this newsgroup all you want with your WAY off topic posts and your very strange politics. I'll take my gardening knowledge elsewhere.
You (and a few others) have managed to chase a lot of longtime posters away and that is a shame but not the end of the world. There are many garden boards that are still very useful and the *best* thing is that they only allow GARDENING post (*NO* politics). This group was going long before you started dragging it down and will go on long after you (and I) are gone. It is just ashame that it has come to this.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

"You are never to old to play in the dirt"

You call it judment, I call it discernment.
What politics are strange? Those that differ from yours? Why don't you take exception to each and every OT post that shows here that goes against your system of thought?
I could not care less if you take your ideas and advocacy concerning the continuation of the poisoning of my planet elsewhere. People need to stand up against planet-rapers.

And your, and others, advocacy of the chemical solution may have accomplished the same thing with new lurkers and posters. It may have started the slow poisoning of a child......the chemical solution *is* the end of the world.

Diversity is a wonderful thing, and has kept this here old world choogling along for a loooonnng time. The destruction of diversity, in ideas, in society.... and *in the garden* is an evil thing, my friend.
--
Charlie

"In battling evil, excess is good; for he who is moderate in
Charlie wrote:

I should not bother to even reply to you but you do need to know one fact. I, myself, am an organic gardener and ONE TIME I suggested the use of fertilizer and since then you been on my case (so much for your "so called" discernment). And, in my area (farm country), fertilizer is used by EVERY farmer I know. You can complain about that all you want and "go off the deep end" and say that farmers are destroying your world. I know for a fact that my grandkids are much healthier BECAUSE of farmers use of fertilizers and the better crops that they produce. You may think that you are "saving the planet" but you are only fooling yourself.
Don't bother to reply. I know I can't change your mind and you won't change mine so don't waste your words on me.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

"You are never to old to play in the dirt"

Some might dispute that. I'd rather get worked up over mega corporations bent on dominating the world's seed, and therefore food, supply.

They are essentially the same people. Chemferts kill the soil organisms which leads to loss of top soil. Chemferts (nitrates) have infiltrated the aquifers of the midwest and are poisonous to children. Chemfert run-off pollutes our water ways and creates a 22126 square kilometre (8543 mi?) region in the Gulf of Mexico called a dead zone around the mouth of the Mississippi River. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/07/31/ST200807310 0349.html Chemferts encourage huge monoculture planting of GM corn, GM soybean, GM cotton in the same place, over and over, allowing organisms that attack them to build-up in the soil, requiring more and more pesticides. This is encouraged by Monsanto, that sells the seeds, and companies like Cargill who process and fractionate the crops, and companies like Phillip Morris (now Altria Group) who sell the cheap, nutrient deficient food to the American public.
It's all cut from the same cloth Dan.
--

- Billy

And I shall take you at your word and apologize for my hastiness and lack of discernment.

Yes, this *is* true. They are destroying my world....yours too, Bill.

Ponder upon how much healthier your grands could be. Your assumption that better crops result from chemferts is wrong. And upon whose facts do you base your assumption of "better life through chemistry"?

Ummm....nope.
You changed my mind about your use of poison. Are you so inflexible that you cannot accept a changing?
Charlie