Garden-Ville products

Does anyone have any experience with these products?
--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky

Yes, and I don't use them any more. They are made of sludge products. I also don't care for the creator of the product. A far better product to use in the landscape in Texas is LadyBug Brand or Sustane. LadyBug Brand is better than Sustane for one reason, it has dry molasses which adds some available iron to our soils...in Texas. I don't know if it's being sold anywhere else in the country, but they make it here, in Texas. It is a certified organic product and is the best rated brand and formulation by the City of Austin's Grow Green Program.
Victoria
Yes, I've heard of Ladybug and Sustane/you mention them frequently. Houston has "Microlife".
Regarding the Garden-Ville product:
1. What is it about the creator?
2. What were the results of using the product?
animaux wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky

I don't like his ethics or the ethics of a few he's involved with. I've said more than I should.

Well, I still had chlorosis and the results were not as good as when I used Sustane or LadyBug Brand. As I've said, I prefer to use products which do not contain human waste. They are cheap, but unreliable. Biosolids can contain harmful levels of heavy metals and it stinks. Anything I have to wear a mask to use is not used. I don't even use D.E. any more, as a dust for that reason.
I could probably get specific with results, but I will say for arguments sake that, the results I see with the preferred products far outweighs any result I'd seen using Gardenville fertilizer products.
Further, while Milorganite is a sludge product which I've used in the past for my turf areas, I stopped using IT as well. It was a good, bacterial based, sludge product, but to have it shipped from Wisconsin when I have perfectly good products made locally seems to be a waste.
I do believe LadyBug Brand can cover an area of 7,000 sq.ft. I could be wrong about that, but for turf, the 8-2-4 outperformed every other product out there.
The following website can provide the results of their studies, which were conducted on turf using several forms of fertilizer.
http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/growgreen/lawncare.htm
Victoria
animaux wrote:

Howard Garrett? Or some of the radio talk show dudes?

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
I bought a few bags of Garden-ville potting soil and it darn near killed my plants. It was too hot, I think - and it retained too much water, so they were wet all the time - even in Austin! I left the second bag in the garage, where my dog tore it up (my faux pas!) - and she had cruddy eyes for a week!
animaux wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
Ask for SFI or BBC microbial assays