Garden Trek III: The search for Shat

Then the acres & acres split into lots then homes.

Cool, then you but fertilizer for the garden instead? Are you truly a self sufficient gardener?

Thanks, but I could also use the rain :)

Reply to
Dan L.

A few people in the suburbs that are sick of the high cost of their water bills, they are installing their own roof water collecting into cisterns. They run the water though their own purification system and have plenty of water that meets their entire water needs at a 10 tenth the cost of city water. Many say the system pays for itself in less than three years.

I have a well system. Someday I may put in a cistern for the garden.

Reply to
Dan L.

and the people screamed! it was their land and they can do whatever they wanted to. There's no money into farming these days but when a developer comes around and flashes all those dollar signs, well, we either buy the farm land or shut up. Here in WA we have bought a lot of farm land and are still buying. Some farmers are recognizing their importance to the USA and have set their lands into conservative status. Means lower taxes to them and they get to keep the farm.

some of my mower waste goes into the garden. But most of it stays on the ground. I do buy yard fertilizer but it's suppose to be the good kind.

Self sufficient? For many many years, to many then I want to count, yes, I was a true self-sufficient gardener and raised cattle. I'm old now and depend on others. But then you here about the bad stuff even in cans. I don't have enough land to raise enough food for myself. Government policies are a must when it comes to food. But, alas, most of the time they don't know or look the other way.

ditto here and we finally got it in downpours and hail and then sunshine and then more downpours. It's still raining out. Rhubard is loving it as are my raspberries and boysenberries.

Enjoy the weekend.

Donna in wet ole WA

Reply to
Lelandite