Garden Tractors

Can somebody tell me what voltage the batteries are in a lawn or garden tractor?

Reply to
FDR

Which brand/model... today most have a 12V system... but best to check your owner's manual.

Reply to
brooklyn1

It is a Sears, top of their line model bought last year. I've looked over the battery in te tractor and at ones in the store but there's no rating for voltage.

Reply to
FDR

You're not looking carefully, every battery has the voltage clearly marked right on it, and I'm positive the voltage is indicated in the owner's manual, probably in a few places. And if you were looking over the tractor batterys IN the store why pray tell didn't you simply ask... phone any Sears service center and ask... in fact that info is certainly on line.

Reply to
brooklyn1