Garden journal software recommendation?

I'm looking a program or site that will help me keep a garden journal. A wiki or blog tool almost works but I want to be able to enter "The roses bloomed today" or "Planted gladiolus" and later be able to ask the system "When do my roses usually come up?" or "When did I last mulch" or "Do the lilies or the peonies bloom first?" Lotus Agenda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Lotus_Agenda) sort of worked that way. It was a free-text personal data mining tool that let you take random notes that it organized and/ or searched for you. Short of something generic and really smart, it seems I need something with assumptions about gardening built in. I looked in this group and it seems it hasn't been discussed in 10 years. I found a bunch of things on the web but I don't want to waste time trying losers. Recommendations would be welcome.
On 6/12/11 10:54 AM, Chris Nelson wrote:

Do you want something public or just for your own use?
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

Just my own use but I don't care if it's public. If there's something web-based that works, I'm not embarrassed that I planted glads.
On 6/13/11 9:12 AM, Chris Nelson wrote:

For public use, see how I do my garden diary. The link is in my signature below. Because I don't want to have horizontal scrolling, the width is constrained. This leaves the length unconstrained. After about two months, the page is too long; so I've broken the diary apart into two-month segments. I keep a mirror of my Web site on my PC's hard drive, with similar pages grouped in subdirectories. To find something, I just do a search on the subdirectory for the diary.
For strictly private use, I use Word. You probably have a similar word-processing application on your Linux system. I creat a document that consists of a single table with two columns. The left column is narrow and only contains the date. The right column contains a description. I begin a new table row for each date. I've done this for various construction projects on my house.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

I too use word set up as you do. In fact I have several "diaries" set up in word for various data. I have one for Lawn/Garden, another for Personal Finances, and yet another for a Daily Diary. I also have one set up for my small business.
In article

What operating system do you use ? Here is some Mac stuff.
http://tinyurl.com/3ostp4d
I use moodex very simple and small.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon

Windows or Linux.

Unfortunately, the only popular platform I don't have access to.

Ummm.....ever think of a spiral-bound notebook?
Chris

They are rather hard to search.