Garden, Garlic, and Soil Report

Twice Burning Poppers.

Reply to
doofy

When I was young, my father used to eat PICKLED jalapenos out of the can. Years later, someone was growing a garden in back of a house I was renting. One day, I decided to just eat a jalapeno off the vine, not really getting the distinction between pickled and fresh. NOT A GOOD IDEA. There is not enough milk in the world to remedy that.

Reply to
doofy

Sounds heavenly to me!

Our local has a pico de gallo that is perfection on a chip or added to a taco. Ripe tomatoes, bell peppers, onions and lots of jalapenos with some lime juice.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

I have no preconceived notions about your appearance.

(no nudes please!)

Cheryl Isaak

Might explain a few very ruddy complexions. C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

In article , doofy wrote: (whack)

Heck of a Representative you got there doofy. Too bad Pelosi water boarded him. He has my respect.

Reply to
Billy

More likely it is the vodka that has been used so prevalently since the arrival of capitalism cut their life expectancy from 72 yr to 58 yr.

Reply to
Billy

Ok, I'm confused.

Reply to
doofy

Is this Pete Stark?

Reply to
doofy

I just read about a new habanero pepper, called TigerPaw-NR developed in South Carolina. ( it is said to be highly resistant to root knot nematodes.) On the Scoville scale that measures pepper heat, jalapenos are in the 3500 to 5000 range, habaneros rate 100,000 and higher. TigerPaw rates 348,634. Not for me, thank you. Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

No, none for me, thankyouverymuch. When Homer ate something like that, he met a talking coyote that sounded like Johnny Cash. What exactly is the point of growing something edible that can peel chrome off a bumper?

Reply to
cat daddy

Yeah, the only guy to stand up to the "war crimes " poster boy, George Bush, who belongs in the docket at the international Criminal Court. I'm sure Pelosi and company told him that they already have a majority in the House and don't need him impeding a very profitable war. Play or pay.

Reply to
Billy

I only pay attention to who governors or presidents are. I know he's "from around here somewhere" but can't even be sure if I'm in his district.

Years ago, probably 2000, I saw a billboard in Berkeley. It originally said "Just because you survived drugs, doesn't mean your kids will."

Someone had spray painted out "drugs" with "Bush". It was funny as hell at the time, but prophetic to the max in retrospect.

Reply to
doofy

Not at all. Nobody could get close enough to you to infect you.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Well, there are always Habaneros...

;-)

Reply to
Omelet

Reply to
Omelet

"Life is like a bowl of Jalapenos. What you do today may burn your A** tomorrow"!

Reply to
Omelet

Beer.

Reply to
Omelet

Rice Salt - right from the shaker Bread

----- After taking a family friend to favorite South East Asian place (in Lowell MA), where some of the foods bear sub-titles of 'you bet your a** it is hot), he wanted to find some ice cream.

Ice cream? In January? WHY?

Something to hope for....

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Hmmm...I don't think effervescence in a burning mouth is the key, but I haven't drunk beer in 23 years.

Reply to
doofy