garden fabric which side up?

Hi, I found some unused garden fabric roll in the garage and I like to put it to use in my tomato patch? Which side is up? This one has a white cloth/paper like side and a black plastic like side, but no instruction how to put it correctly? I think the white (cloth/paper) side facing the sky, correct? TIA S.

Reply to
sand and sun

Black side is face up. You want it to absorb the the heat from the sun's rays and heat up the soil in turn.

Reply to
told2b