Garden Design Software?

I'm looking for an easy garden design software program (free or at least reasonably priced would be great!) and am wondering if anyone here has any to suggest. I like to have a plan for my vegetable garden before planting and am getting tired of doing it by hand every spring. Thanks.
Wayne

Hello Wayne, you may have a look at http://gardenpuzzle.com It's more aimed at desiging leisure garden but perhaps may be helpful. Regards! Marek
On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:28:54 -0800 (PST), mrafal

I tried a few applications and keep going back to a sheet of paper and pencil. I have a drafting table and all the tools and can produce a drawing much faster, more flexibility, and lower cost than any program.
Phisherman wrote:

I have had similar experiences. I bought Growit which was poor. I tried various drawing packages without joy. Unless you are doing this all the time the cost of learning the package becomes excessive.
Try paper with transparent overlays and make it big enough that the details don't get too fiddly when scaled down. Your basic land layout of things that cannot be changed (land boundaries, house etc) goes on the background and then you do different layers for different solutions or for different stages of development or activities. This way you don't have to keep re-drawing common elements and you can quickly compare two solutions.
David