garden box siding to remain organic?

Hi All,
I am doing planning on replacing my back yard with pavers/rocks and installing several garden boxes. I want to maintain everything as organic, so poison treated pressure wood is out and regular wood rots.
So I was thinking of Red Wood. Is there any better material to use and stay organic? Cedar? Cinder blocks?
Many thanks, -T

Either. For redwood, you need heart wood which is difficult to come by.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
<http://www.rachelcorrie.org/
Todd wrote:

quarried stone is by far the nicest stackable material as they will often last longer than you will. some will crack or break in time.
if you have the stones for free and some time and muscles it's a great way to learn some geology. takes practice, but it's a good skill to have. nowadays with some better technology perhaps there are air hammers or lasers which will do a good job of it for less wear and tear on the muscles and hands.
wear goggles and never hit a rock while holding it with your hand. a table with a tray full of gravel can wedge any rock at the right angle for a strike and will save your hands for finer things in life.
cheers,
songbird
On 05/04/2013 12:04 AM, songbird wrote:

Thank you!