Gabion Wall for garden - worth doing?

Page 2 of 2
garjobo wrote:

Just about any foliage will help , why not do gouble duty and grow some citrus or other fruit ? I've seen some do very well in pots . Big pots ...
--
Snag

On 3/5/2016 10:22 AM, garjobo wrote:

Doesn't seem it would fit into a residential area very well and a length of seven feet regardless of height isn't going to do much to reduce sound anyway. Then there is the local council. Do you think that they would give planning permission for such a structure? If you do it and anybody complains do you have the money to remove it (or to financially induce the council's more pliant and avaricious members to reconsider their ruling)?

That's a pretty big pile of rock, but 7x7 even 3 feet thick won't do much to sound.

Wow, I think the wire mesh makes them pretty ugly. A solid rock wall either laid loose or in cement, which is very attractive. Of course your can't reach 7ft loose, so cemented is your only rock option.

Not in the trade, but rocks in wire mesh will last as long as the mesh.

A deep stand of trees or bushes might be more effective and look nice too.
Odd that you are posting from England and using feet for measurement.
--
Dan Espen