Fungus on live oak

We have had a lot of rain on the Gulf Coast in the past six weeks. My ancient live oaks have white bracket fungi on their bark. In addition I see a flat spreading white fungus on the bark and a spider webby looking material on the bark. Are these serious problems? What are the therapies? Thanks for any help.
I would have to see the tree.

In fact without see the patient I can just suggest you look out for the following:
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case Sensitive.
Troubles in the Rhizosphere http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html
Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html and Look up "Tree Planting" http://www.treedictionary.com
Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html and http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/ Look up "Mulch"
Improper Pruning http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning
Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry) http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html
Tree Farming and Related Problems http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND /

Donna
It sounds like you have some dieback which may be the result of an injury of some type. A trunk wound from something like a flush cut. If the dieback is at the base of the trunk it could be woody root injury. I would rally have to see the tree.

I have the same thing. Have you discovered the cause? My infestation sprang up overnight and I have seen it on numerous trees in the area.