Fuchsias - Bernisser

Hi all,
I am new to this site and this is my very first post, hopefully first of many. So firstly hi to everyone.
I have just started getting in to plants and gardening so I am a complete novice and my extent of knowledge is growing a few fuchsias last summer. I would like to go further with my knowledge on this plant and I'm very keen to grow a standard.
I have just purchased a Hardy Bernisser from my local garden centre. What can I achieve with this plant, can I grow a standard? If not, what is the best I can achieve from this plant?
Thanks for anyone that can help me with this.
David
--
Davidsophs