Fruit tree bark damage problem

I have about 15 fruit trees, semi-dwarf, about 2 years old. One of the cherries and one of the apricots have bark damage, as pictured in these pics. The rest of the trees are fine. I'm pretty sure it's not mechanical damage, and I did not see any signs of insect damage (at least that I would recognize). Any suggestions as to what causes it, and more important, what I can do about it? Is it severe enough that I should replace the trees, or will the trees heal OK? These trees have been in the ground for only 2 years.
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2008/2008JanGarden/images/DSCF2092.JPG
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2008/2008JanGarden/images/DSCF2099.JPG
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2008/2008JanGarden/images/DSCF2102.JPG
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2008/2008JanGarden/images/DSCF2103.JPG
You can go here and see all of the pics if you want, the first 16 or so are pics of these trees.
http://zootal.no-ip.info/stuff/2008/2008JanGarden/
Zootal wrote:

Good documentation with the pictures.
My best guess would be winter sun scald problems. Check out the following web site for more information:
http://www.gov.mb.ca/agriculture/crops/diseases/fac46s00.html
Sherwin D.

Looks sunscaldish to me: see, for instance, these photos of alder: http://www.cof.orst.edu/coops/hsc/images/Damage/index.htm
Typical cure is to put tree wrap on in late fall and have it off by early the next growing season: http://extension.missouri.edu/EXTENSIONINFONET/article.asp?id 06 Big growers often use white paint instead of tree wrap.
Kay