Frugal silk plants? Or real house plants?

Page 2 of 2

Yep
Well that's the debate Im having with myself.... whether fake or real plants are better for me
Hence my posting here to get some feed back.

Only YOU can know the answer to that question.
Shepherd

Hey all....
I read somewhere that Palms are usually NOT successful growing indoors. But that if one was going to try a Palm you should get a Bamboo palm.
Is this true?
If yes..... I cant seem to find any Bamboo palms locally. All I find are "Areca" palms and Majesty palm
I know that Majesty palms typically die indoors... but what abt these Areca palms? What are they?
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:37:28 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Do you want plants as decorative accents for your own enjoyment or are these to be viewed and assessed by others? That is, if you're happy with the look of fake plants (and some are *very* realistic-looking), shop around for some modestly priced fakes. Be aware that some visitors may admire your decor and after examination say, "oh, artificial. Hmmm." Real plants *do* need some care beyond dusting. And they need varying amounts of light. Growing a real tree-sized plant indoors would be tricky. Often large plants seen in offices or malls are 'loaners' from companies that grow/keep them in ideal conditions most of the time and rotate into businesses for a month or so. You might try buying a few real plants to see if you can keep up the maintenance.