Frozen Calathea?

My three varieties of calathea all died after living happily in a bright room near north-facing windows for more than a year; I suspect I let the house get too cold during a few frosty nights we were unprepared for.
How low does their temperature tolerance go?
Thanks,
Rob Maryland
Above freezing.

Rob, Calthea, like most torpical/houseplants, begin to become unhappy(shedding foliage, turning yellow,esct.) at temps below 55 degrees and will begin to die at temps approaching 40 degrees and below
Anthony B Ky Certified Nurseryman
.....and when the temperature goes below freezing, they are irrevocably dead.

Truth, Cereus..Truth

I doubt that the interior of a house got below freezing. In reading the original post, my impression is that they simply didn't turn the heat on some of those frosty nights -and I suppose the interior of the house probably got down to 45 or even 40. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think it takes a well -insulated house several days to get below freezing even if the outside temperature never rises above freezing.

If you like to coddle dead plants, go ahead and waste your own time. Just don't recommend for others to do it.
One day on a university campus I saw a worker watering an obviously dead stump of a tree. I asked him: "How much water does a dead tree need?" The man became very annoyed and said "I'm just doing what I was told to do." He was an ideal pawn of a state worker!!!

It got pretty cold, but probably not freezing - we were out of town and left a couple of the upstairs windows open and heat off.
One of the plants revived; the other two are working on becoming compost.
Rob Chevy Chase, MD