Frogs

Page 2 of 2
Thanks to all that replied. Some of your responses were light hearted while others seemed more mean spirited but it is all good. Anyway, I will just suck it up, I am not ready to give up gardening yet!!
--
Thank You.

Michelle

For that good humoured grace, now you deserve a serious reply.
If you really, really mean that you have something approaching a frog-phobia, or just that they make you feel very tense and panicky, then the best solution is to address that problem in yourself. You can follow a programme of desensitising yourself to the trigger combined with learning coping-techniques, until the problem feelings fade away and no longer bother you. This is very gradual, completely no- threatening, and can be extremely effective. It's what I would do in your circumstances. It's worth it to fully enjoy gardening, your garden and all the magical life within it.
Your doctor should be able to supply a suitable reference.
Janet.
contains these words:

Doctor shmoctor. Find a nice picture of a toad online. Find the best deal in your town for 8x10 prints, and take the digital file there. Plaster the pictures all over the house. Don't forget to put one in a standing frame that sits on the nightstand between you and the alarm clock. Making love in the garden would also help, especially if it's a damp evening when toads are hopping around. Maybe associate them with good things, you know? :-)
Import several French Chefs, prefferably from Bordeaux. Very soon you'll have delicious frog legs & no slimy creatures in your garden.
Seriously though, frogs are a sign of a healthy ecosystem... Why would you want to mess that up?
Mathew in the Mountains wrote:

No need for French Chefs. http://www.cookinglouisiana.com/Cooking/Recipes/Seafood/Fried-Frog-Legs%20-%20JG.htm