fresh dill and parsley

I just obtained some fresh dill and parsley from an organis farm. How do I store them?
On 20 Jul 2003 00:53:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Mpb58) wrote:

Fresh herbs will only keep 2 or 3 days, but you can dehydrate or freeze them. I have jars and jars of dried herbs that last through the winter months. There is a better unique taste to fresh parsley, however.
Put them in a glass or small jar of fresh water, like you would with cut flowers. Loosely drape a plastic bag over the top of the whole works--prop it up with a chopstick if necessary. Then refrigerate.
Cheers, Sue snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Zone 6, Southcentral PA

Hey there! How much did you get? If it's just a little and can be used soon, put it in the fridge in a paper bag. If it's a lot, you can tie them up and hang them upside-down until dry and clean the leaves off the stems, putting them in labelled jars for later use as dried herbs. J.Lane

Mpb58 said:

Short term, with the stems in water in the fridge or the coolest part of the house. Longer term, I'd freeze the dill leaves. Just put them in a freezer bag with most of the air squeezed out of it. The parsley I'd either dry or make into a parsley pesto, which I would then freeze.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

I have kept fresh Dill in a sealed plastic bag in the fridge for over a week with not problem. For parsley that I want to keep long term I either dry it or just freeze it fresh picked but make sure it's dry, ie, don't rinse with water. The only downside to freezing and drying it that is it best used in cooking and not a good garnish.
cheers, sparkie