Free range wheat

Has anybody here tried growing free range wheat? If so, what were your experiences?

rob

Reply to
George.com

Free range as opposed to caged?

As for growing wheat, you need a lot of acreage to get a bag of flour. And the processing is more complicated than with, say, maize.

Then there are ornamental wheats:

don't know, why wheat?

Reply to
Jim Kingdon

yes, battery farmed wheat. Free range seems far more ethical, better for you and the wheat.

rob

Reply to
George.com

exactly. My reckoning is that free range wheat has a far better life with room to move, it is more ethical and shoud ultimately taste better than cage farmed wheat. I reckon free range wheat muffins will be lovely.

rob

Reply to
George.com

The message from "George.com" contains these words:

It's terrible to think of those wheat plants in battery farm fields, all crowded so close together, there's no room to lie down or turn round.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

The message from "George.com" contains these words:

Ideally, each grain should be planted solo in a generous sized pot. This reduces fighting and antisocial behaviour. Wheat grown the humane way makes bigger muffins.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Oh, but then there's the danger that the muffins, coming from such overindulged plants, will become narcissistic and will think themselves too good to be eaten. Who knows what that would lead to?

helco

Reply to
helco

The message from helco contains these words:

Government-regulated slaughter houses for muffins.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

went to a meetng this evening where a vegan had made scones. I asked whether they were made with free range wheat. People thought the comment was very clever, pity they didn't think the same of me.

rob

Reply to
George.com