Free range wheat

Has anybody here tried growing free range wheat? If so, what were your experiences?
rob

Free range as opposed to caged?
As for growing wheat, you need a lot of acreage to get a bag of flour. And the processing is more complicated than with, say, maize.
Then there are ornamental wheats: http://www.southernexposure.com/productlist/OWHEA.html
I don't know, why wheat?

yes, battery farmed wheat. Free range seems far more ethical, better for you and the wheat.
rob

It's terrible to think of those wheat plants in battery farm fields, all crowded so close together, there's no room to lie down or turn round.
Janet

your
you
exactly. My reckoning is that free range wheat has a far better life with room to move, it is more ethical and shoud ultimately taste better than cage farmed wheat. I reckon free range wheat muffins will be lovely.
rob

Ideally, each grain should be planted solo in a generous sized pot. This reduces fighting and antisocial behaviour. Wheat grown the humane way makes bigger muffins.
Janet
Janet Baraclough wrote:

Oh, but then there's the danger that the muffins, coming from such overindulged plants, will become narcissistic and will think themselves too good to be eaten. Who knows what that would lead to?
helco

Government-regulated slaughter houses for muffins.
Janet

for
fields,
with
cage
went to a meetng this evening where a vegan had made scones. I asked whether they were made with free range wheat. People thought the comment was very clever, pity they didn't think the same of me.
rob