Frank

Hello how do I get rid of Damping off disease can't find Cheshunt Compound any more regards Frank

Reply to
pauncho

Damping off generally affects seedlings and cuttings. I use a half-and-half mix of coarse sand and peat moss with NO added nutrients. The mix drains exceptionally well, so it's not soggy. It readily admits oxygen, and it's slightly acidic. All of these help prevent and even combate damping off.

Added nutrients promote fungus and rot. Damping off is a fungus. I don't add any nutrients for seedlings until I see leaves beyond the initial seed leaves. (But see my .) I don't add nutrients to cuttings until they are repotted after being well rooted.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Reply to
pauncho