Fragrant Indoor Plant

Hi. Firstly, I'm not sure that I have the right forum here, if not apologies.
I am a Caretaker with a locked cupboard for most of the day....no daylight. It can have a musty smell so I would like to put a fragrant plant in there. Trouble is as I said, its dark pretty much most of the time. Is there a plant out there that I could use? Thanks.
--
fithawk

On 11/5/11 3:17 AM, fithawk wrote:

Instead of a plant -- which surely will not thrive in the dark -- try a pomander or spice sachet. A Google search on either should result in many "hits". For pomander, try <http://www.organic.org/articles/showarticle/article-161 . For spicesachet, try <http://www.herbcompanion.com/health/spice-sachet-blend.aspx .
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see
fithawk wrote:

No plant will grow in the dark. Could you leave it under a light at least 8 hours a day? If so there are some that will grow in low light although this excludes many that smell sweet from flowers as (generally) flowers take more light than leaves.
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote: > ;941143']No plant will grow in the dark.
But there are some which will have a jolly good try. I have had bindweed growing in the underfloor, and managing to squeeze between the tongue-and-groove floorboard gaps to show itself inside fitted wardrobes. Some also came into the adjacent room through a ventilation grille. Eventually I had to have the floor replaced in first room, and the amount of plant I found growing under the floor was quite surprising. Its origin would have been with plants growing in outdoors, on the other side of the wall, but I had killed all that off some years before.
--
echinosum