Foxgloves - Will cut seeds develop?

Hi All. My foxgloves were wonderful and now look very messy. The flowers have gone, the seed heads have developed, but are not mature. If I pull up the old plants and store them somewhere, will the seed dry out & be OK to sprinkle about to ensure plants for the year after next? Or do they need ot stay in the ground to dry out? (Seeds currently pinhead size and green in their pods). Thanks in advance for advice.
--
PollyWain

PollyWain wrote:

probably can take the whole plant up and hang it upside down.
the seeds being so small might fly around some, so perhaps be sure the area is protected from strong breezes (but you do want dry and some air movement to help avoid fungus trouble).
i'd also put a finewoven clean sheet underneath to catch the seeds as they are so tiny.
songbird
'songbird[_2_ Wrote: > ;893353']PollyWain wrote:

Thanks Songbird, I'm going to go for it. Thanks for the advice. I'll let everyone know if it works...
--
PollyWain

PollyWain wrote:

I think you'd have better germination if you let the seeds ripen naturally before you harvest them. Try it with half, experiment.
gloria p