Found a jelly substance in my herb garden - HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Page 2 of 2

... and I won't be moving to New Mexico... :)
Cheryl (IL)
LOL Don't blame you a bit Shell

It sounds like you live in a truly wonderful place. Here we have a neighbor who wants to kill the hedge between our yards just because they don't like it. It's been there for over 30 years and was turning into a lovely small tree border when they lopped it of to 3 foot tall (it had been 12) They asked if they could "trim" the hedge. And one of the other neighbor's kids is a junior thug-in-training and likes to put chunks of concrete through car windows...
Hmmm I think I'll look into moving to your neighborhood :)
Shell

Must be my old neighbors, do you live in Connecticut? LOL!!! Colleen Zone 5 CT

That's it - I'm a movin' to Scotland. Sounds like the neighbors there are much friendlier than in my neck of the woods.
Cheryl (IL)

My SIL is from Scotland and is one of the loveliest ladies I know :o) Colleen Zone 5 CT
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:04:27 +0100, Janet Baraclough..

remember half of us are voting for Bush! :>(
hippy gardener wrote:

Half the population is below average in intelligence.
--
Warren H.

==========

Three more years....my son's done with high school, and I can pick a new place to live. Hmmm......
It sounds like Soil Moist, which helps keep plants watered--it swells up in a rain, releases the water in dry conditions. I just bought 2 more jars from J& P. Good stuff. zemedelec
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamfree (Zemedelec) wrote:

Products like Soil Moist or Water Smart are not gelatin, but are polymers which can persist for decades or centuries as pollution, having enormous molecules that interact poorly with the environment. Some such products are made of a biodegradable polymer which is probably even worse because it breaks down into chemical components that enter the food chain & screw up the endocrine system of animals including people.
The claims that they keep soil up to 400 times moister & can do away with the need ever again to water the garden are sales pitch lies of the vastest enormity of untruth. But these products do sometimes lock moisture to themselves in such a manner that moisture is no longer accessible to plants; & the product can turn the soil into a plasticized mess that rejects water altogether. These polymers should NEVER be put into a garden, though a better argument (unconvincing to me) could be made for using them for containered plants or houseplants, though I'd still worry what becomes of the container soil when it is replaced -- if tossed in the garden it'd cause harm, & what's the sense of turning perfectly good dirt into something harmful.
Here's my article on "Deadly Polymers For Your Garden":
http://www.paghat.com/polymers.html
-paghat the ratgirl
On 20 Oct 2004 20:09:56 -0700, lindie snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Lindie) in rec.gardens wrote:

Have you tried it on toast yet?
It could be seed stock of "arborus jellus" (jelly tree).
FACE <'scuse me, I gotta go shake the grit bush for dinner>
Mmmm. I gotta look for one, sounds like something to put between the sugar maple and sausage tree. :D
(Lindie) in rec.gardens

lindie snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Lindie) wrote in

Were there little tiny garden tools imbedded inside?
http://groups.google.com/groups ? hl=en&lr=&safe=off&frame=right&thf68e6aafc2fa1b&seekm9143b2.0406190 158.752e0240%40posting.google.com#link4
Shout out to madgardener!