fORMULA 409 CLEANER AS A INSECTICIDE ON ROSES?

Page 1 of 2
Just read the safety warning on a bottle of 409. It has the identical safety warning as the organic insect killing soap sprays I have.
Has anyone ever tried Formula 409 on their roses or flowers to see if it will kill the insects and not hurt the plants?
Freckles

Mind if I ask how old you are? I'll explain after you tell me your age.

I'm over 21 and under 100. What has my age got to do with the answer to my question?

Because I can't understand how you came to the bizarre conclusion that identical safety warnings meant two entirely different products could be used in the same way.

Because IT CAN!
Look Formula 409 up on Google and learn something.
Freckles

Then why did you ask?

Can't you read? Try reading my post! If it's beyond your grade level ask your mom or dad for help.

Woo Hoo. Feckless is back ;O)
--

- Billy

What words are you searching on google? I didn't find anything saying to use it in the garden. It will definitely kill some bugs.
http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/safety/MSDS/FORMULA%20409%20CLEANER.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butoxyethanol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_oxide

What words are you searching on google? I didn't find anything saying to use it in the garden. It will definitely kill some bugs.
http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/safety/MSDS/FORMULA%20409%20CLEANER.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butoxyethanol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_oxide
I think I used "Formula 409+insecticide"
One person said their roses were being eaten up by pest until he tried using Formula 409 spray on them. He said it worked miracles and his roses are now looking great.
With only one opinion, I asked my question about Formula 409 on this Newsgroup. I was hoping for some useful information and all I've received so far, besides your question, is some juvenile delinquent playing like an ignorant whatever.
Freckles
Freckles wrote:

Frank - It was a legitimate question, your reply was asinine!!

Frank - It was a legitimate question, your reply was asinine!! ==========
If 10 products all say "For external use only" on their labels, are these products all the same?

The question was about only one product which is know to kill insects as well as being a good cleaning agent.
In case you have forgotten, that question was:
Has anyone ever tried Formula 409 on their roses or flowers to see if it will kill the insects and not hurt the plants?
And it has yet to be answered.
Freckles

Thanks. We all saw the question. If you'd left out your REASON for asking the question, you wouldn't have started this mess. Your reason was silly.
Now, I'm off to scrub my kitchen sink with Lubriderm skin cream. It says "For external use only" on the label, and so does my container of Comet powder, so the two products must be interchangeable.
Freckles wrote:

of water and rubbing alcohol sprayed on orchids and it did not hurt the plants. It did kill some bugs.
--
Patrick

Go USF Bulls!
"Patrick" wrote

Are you kidding or what... the alcohol alone, even diluted, would have killed some bugs. Naturally I don't believe you sprayed alcohol on your orchids, not if you know anything about plants, rubbing alcohol would definitely have hurt your orchids, rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) is the solvent for chlorophyll.

It is an incredibly stupid question. I have degrees in chemistry and have written more than a few MSDS's and labels. Warnings for totally different chemicals can be identical. This was the basis of his question which I note he has dropped further in the thread. Who cares if 409 works on plants? What about Windex or Murphy's Oil Soap? ;)

The only question asked was:
Has anyone ever tried Formula 409 on their roses or flowers to see if it will kill the insects and not hurt the plants?
Freckles
In article

Just have to hit them with it really hard ;O)
--

- Billy