forcing corn to form more ears?

Anyone happen to know of any way to (hormonally) force corn plants to form and set more ears? I have been curious about this for some time now, and watching the rapid formation of ears on my popcorn plants has made me wonder about it again. Unfortunately, I can't find anything online from Google searches. Thanks!