foliage color of canna?

Hello,
I've seen photos of durban canna, which range from green to brown to striped to magenta. Can all of these be the same variety? (They all have the same name: "durban".) If so, how does a gardener get the preferred colors of canna foliage? If not, how do I know what I'm getting when I buy a durban bulb?
Thank you,
Ted Shoemaker
On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:28:10 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

'Durban' has differing stages of coloration so you are seeing photo's which have been taken during different times of the plants' development. From what I've seen, this is a truly amazing foliage plant. To be certain you get what you pay for, you buy from a reliable company. Canna's have rhizomes, not bulbs (just as a side note).

Sigh! I'm kept SO busy watching out for greengrocer's apostrophes! (Hmmm. should "greengrocer's" be singular or plural...)
Now the above reply is fascinating in that it has one error (photo's) followed by a reverse error (plants'). How DO they do it...?
Grammar Granny
On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:06:21 -0700, Grarmmar Granny wrote:

Thanks for useless information followed by accurate information. Take your foaming, fried mind elsewhere. It doesn't work on me.