Fodder - note the cross post

Thought of you folks. Looking about the only fodder plant I have is comfey. Our oaks are a natural source of acorns too.
These folks look like they have done a lot of work in this area.
<http://www.mtg.unimelb.edu.au/publications/des_ch5.pdf
Always more at
<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=fodder+plants&ieUTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Enjoy
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

I've seen one farm where extensive tree/shrub plants has been done for both fodder and stock shelter. It went from being a lunar like landscape where every wind blew away top soil, to now being a lush, well protected and fertile farm where the animals are in great condition and where stocking rates have gone up as ground area was lost to plantings. Absolutley inspirational as just over the fence in the neighbouring paddocks still look like a lunar landscape.

Are you letting on who or where, or is there any published material that describes it in more detail?
David

Well I would have given the details at the time of posting if I could have remembered its name. I thought it was part of the Open Garden Scheme and so I did a hunt through my back copies of the book. Page 22 of the 2006-7 book or if you don't keep your old copies see: http://www.gunningnsw.com.au/index.php/articles/483