Flox didnt bloom this year? Why?

We have flox all along our drive and pool, this year was no different than others...but there were very few blooms! Most years its like a carpet of blloms. Im in western kentucky
thanks
--
kentuckynet

First I hope you didn't let them see this post, they don't like to see their name spelled like that, they're very sensitive.
Phlox.
Here in NJ we're more than a month away from blooms. Maybe it's too early. Otherwise they may need dividing.
One of my favorite plants. They stink up the area in a very nice way.
--
Dan Espen

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Um, western Kentucky! LOL
Do flox looks good? Maybe it cause of too cool or fed to much.
--
Sanmy

I would like to grow some phlox, and I have some in another place. My grandmother told me that I could just cut off part, with some roots attached, from what I have and plant that where I want it. Will this work?
--
Ig.Gardener

Ig.Gardener wrote:

which kind? where? etc.
songbird

Cut off part with roots attached?
Strange wording.
I think your grandmother was talking about dividing the root ball.
For a perennial like phlox that's the way to go.
Many sites explain the process, here's one:
http://tinyurl.com/3dbkdse
--
Dan Espen

kentuckynet;920210 Wrote: > We have flox all along our drive and pool, this year was no different > than others...but there were very few blooms! Most years its like a > carpet of blloms.

Have you recently fed them with anything? as sometimes they can get too much nitrogen and produce a mass of foliage at the expense of blooms?
Or it could be as the other poster said, that it's too early or maybe too cool?
--
Drobium